9.13.2010

Woman Found Passed Out in Pile of Boxes

Did I mention that I came home that snowy, blurry day with eleven boxes to unpack? After awhile, I rummaged  through and took out what I thought I'd need - a photo of my kid, a packet of coffee filters, random office supplies that made their way into my possession -  and compressed the rest of the "work related stuff I might need when my career picks up again" into four boxes in the garage.
I wonder... what if the next career job doesn't come? What if I develop a plan b that includes transition time with a part-time job and time to write? Yeah, like a writer (of more than a blog) would?
What will the day look like when I do open those four boxes? A day of excitement as I decorate my new office at my new job? What if it's a day of unbearable defeat as I look at useless tokens of what I once was?
How long can I ignore those boxes before they chase me in my dreams?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moxie,
Maybe it's easy for me to say as one of the employed but your career is just one of the many parts of Moxie!! Let's not forget Partner, Friend, Mamom, decorator, creative cook, writer, reader, camper, Fashionista, Camper, Ego booster, supporter of others, positive patty, and that's just off the top of my head! Wife of Tank Farmer

Moxie said...

Thank you for your positive encouragement, Wife of Tank Farmer! It is true, that "Worker" is only one of many roles, and my life is rich. But, you know me, I like validation, and getting canned took much validation away. What if validation was a drug or food additive? "Hey, don't worry if you are good enough, take a dose of vali and you'll feel better!"